Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A little bit of politics






























































A little bit of politics,


Cambodians have been gone through hell in the past decades. Although the situation now is much better than during the Khmer Rouge’s era, Cambodians are still living in one of the poorest and most oppressive countries on earth.



One of my dreams is to see Cambodians live their life the way we live here in the U.S.A. and the way other people live in the First World countries. Obviously my dream and other people’s dreams may not be the same, but I thought it was good to try to achieve that dream.

I love to see Cambodian babies being born into a family that can feed them and nurture them right. I love to see Cambodian toddlers going to primary school and having some real toys to play with besides tin cans and coconut shells. I love to see Cambodian youths to be in school and not being on drugs, a full time cow herders working in the rice fields or the garbage collectors roaming the garbage dumps. I love to see Cambodian adults having decent jobs to feed their family members and to have some extra money setting asides for their retirement and I love to see the ages living happily with dignity during their golden years.

Everyone in Cambodia deserves a decent healthcare system that can take care of the unhealthy ones.


All Cambodian citizens deserve peace, prosperity, freedom, justice and equal rights. Human Rights must be respected throughout the nation.

A great opportunity came up in 2007 to help reach the above dream. Many of my overseas compatriots and I, along many other political activists inside Cambodia, formed a political party called the Human Rights Party to contest in the 2008 Election. We didn’t win for the whole Cambodia, but we did win 3 congressional seats.

Above are some of the pictures taken during the electoral campaigns in July, 2007.

No comments:

Turning Adversity to Avantage

Napoleon Hill says "definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement," and my personal definiteness of purpose...