Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Response to Mr. Ma (SRP's SG of NA)

In a message dated 7/4/2009 12:40:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, TimothyChhim@aol.com writes:

In a message dated 7/3/2009 3:01:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, infos.khmer@gmail.com writes:

---------- Forwarded message ----------From: PrettyMa <pretty.ma@sympatico.ca>Date: 2009/7/3Subject: Re: MR. TIMOTHY CHHIMTo: infos.khmer@gmail.com, camdiscnews@googlegroups.com, samrainsyparty@googlegroups.com, Mu Sochua <sochua@hotmail.com>
June 23, 2009

Dear Compatriots,

After having read Mr. Timothy Chhim's article this morning, I wonder where he is going, politically. It is regrettable that a brilliant mind like Mr. Chhim could have been more thoughtful and yet helpful to the country's democratic cause.
============
Dear Mr. Ma,

Please see my interjection in blue.

Although your response is not directed at me, I thank you for reading my article and for taking the time to “react” to my personal expression. Your praise for my intelligence is also appreciated.

=========
Up until now, I wish that Mr. Chhim keeps his political feet on the ground since it might serve him well politically. I certainly discourage him from running on his philosophy so-called "Operating in the Wind" or " Blowing by the Wind", going from one party to the other looking for an angel or pretended to be like an angel. It would be a waste of efforts and mind, politically. Be a political realist, unless you can suck up to the CPP, hoping to get a tiny bone out of it which I do not think Mr. Chhim is the kind of person would go for such a left-over.
===========
This is where my intelligence differs from yours. There is no such thing as "operating in the win" or "blowing by the wind" in my personal dictionary. Going from one party to another party is for those who use politics as their profession. It is unfortunate that these individuals can be found within the oppositions including your own political party. I don't think it is a good idea to insult these people because they may be the ones whom you are admiring. And it may happen to you, your colleague and or your friends in the future. Follow their records and you will see that many of them have gone through no less than two political parties or affiliations. Mme Mu Soc Hua herself has switched from Funcinpec to SRP, hasn't she? Was she looking for an angel, or seeking for a new opportunity?

I appreciate your concern about my political life and future, but I can assure you that there are life after and besides Cambodian politics. For the time being, you ought to worry about the future of your political party instead. I believe that to label anyone who criticize or have the opposing views to the oppositions as being sucked up to the CPP is just plain wrong and immature. There are patriotic people out there who do not belong to the oppositions and they don't need to be a politician to serve Cambodia and Cambodian people.

BTW, comparing your fellow countryman to an animal seeking tiny bones to make a living should not be in your thought, unless it is your group’s practice. I wonder how Mr. Sam Sary felt, when he was called a dog.

=================

If anything should teach Mr. Chhim and minded people like him, it takes more than just a floating idea, personal desire, and a bunch of uncommitted men to create and sustain a political organization. It takes lots of years, patient and perserverance - not to mention personal sacrifice on the leadership part. It takes lots of human resources, people with different backgrounds, ideas and desires to come together to win for the country.
==============
It sounds good and I agree. That’s why labeling people is wrong and dangerous. You need to take a look at different points of views and keep your mind open. I will keep my eyes and ears open to see, hear how long and how far you, Mr. Ma, will keep on practicing what you preach.

================
There is no such political utopia, nor any utopian democracy ever existed out there since the founding father of democracy. It would be stupid to think otherwise. For any party, including ours, we grow and will continue to flourish together as a group, as a family and we learn from each other as each day opens up. We don't just walk out when things don't go out way. We work to breach our differences, compromise, and improvement. There are stages of reforms or progresses of any party. We make it better and stronger through time and by sticking together. We just don't run around half naked and declaring to the world that we are fully clothes. We are focused and determined, one way or the other. We don't bet on false hope, pretend or words, but on reality on the grounds as it happens, on issues that mostly affected negatively on people's lives.
============
I don't see the above statements have anything to do with my comments; but I wish you well with your commitment to the good causes for Cambodia.
============

There are much bigger pictures at stake, and that should be our priorities as nationalist. Issues such as land concessions, corruptions, government abuse of power, the future of our land and lakes etc.. which would be most beneficial to help bring awareness to ordinary people.

For Mr. Chhim, to amuse himself by equating any opposition parties, as evil in this democractic process is simply an insult to the millions of voters and supporters out there, including myself personally. By the way, did I mention to you that Mr. Chhim was a former HRP_USA President. He quitted soon after the election. Was not it too perfect enough for Mr. Chhim?
===============
My messages have always been consistent. Two wrongs don't make it right. If you are not clean you don't have the moral authority to lead. If you are clean you don't need to worry about anything--continue. It is a shame to lie to your fellow members, voters and the country just to keep them having false hope or expectation. My experience with HRP was a clear example of such leadership mistakes and failure that must not be continued for the sake of our nation; hence my disassociation. It was not too perfect for me, it was just simply wrong.
================
I regret to inject myself into this conversation with Mr. Chhim, since it might only add to the CPP's chorus. However, people do learn from their misjudgment or mistake and in this regard, I hope that Mr. Chhim would emerge more thoughtful and be cautious with his words or phrases. I do wish him well, since he is one of highly educated fews.

In solidarity,
Pretty
=================
There is no need to worry about me being helpful to the CPP. It doesn't need my help to keep SRP where it needs to be. I sincerely hope that many of you will keep your mind open and see my critic as opposing views personally expressed with regards to Cambodia's issues.

Have a pleasant weekend!
A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cambodia Discussion (CAMDISC) - www.cambodia.org" group. This is an unmoderated forum. Please refrain from using foul language. Thank you for your understanding. Peace among us and in Cambodia.
To post to this group, send email to camdisc@googlegroups.com To unsubscribe from this group, send email to camdisc-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/camdisc Learn more - http://www.cambodia.org-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments:

Turning Adversity to Avantage

Napoleon Hill says "definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement," and my personal definiteness of purpose...